Amazon’s Treasure Truck wheels and deals into four more U.S. cities three years after Seattle launch :
Amazon’s Treasure Truck keeps on truckin’.
Two years after expanding on its quirky, Seattle-only deals-on-wheels idea, Amazon announced Wednesday that the Treasure Truck shopping experience is coming to Charlotte, N.C., Cincinnati, Columbus, Ohio, and Las Vegas.
The additional locations brings the Treasure Truck’s nationwide coverage to 29 total cities.
“We’ve been so excited by the customer reaction to Treasure Truck the last couple of years, from all across the country,” Margot Johnson, director of Treasure Truck at Amazon, said in a news release. “Our customers love the surprise of what new hand-picked, must-have item is on Treasure Truck each day, and being able to pick it up from convenient locations where they live, work, and play.”
Treasure Truck originated in Seattle in February 2016. Shoppers are alerted to nearby deals via text message, which you can sign up for by texting “truck” to 24193.
Amazon shared a few noteworthy stats to mark the latest expansion:
- The Treasure Truck “family” has grown by 5x and the fleet of more than 100 includes trucks, vans and kiosks.
- Top-selling cities are Seattle, Los Angeles and Phoenix.
- The most frequent customers, who often shop the truck more than once per week, reside in Chicago, San Antonio, Texas, and Sacramento, Calif.
- 75 percent of Treasure Truck subscribers check out a new offer within 15 minutes of receiving the day’s offer text.
- The fastest-selling offers, snagged in minutes, have been Valentine’s Day bouquets and chocolate, Sony TVs and smart notebooks