Best Points Of Aadhaar Card
10 Things To Know About Updating Details In Aadhaar Card
If the user has Aadhaar registered mobile number, he/she can also check the Aadhaar update history.
- UIDAI enables Aadhaar holders to make changes to the address fed into its database using an OTP- or one-time passcode-based verification method through the person’s registered mobile number. This can be done on UIDAI’s self-service update portal- ssup.uidai.gov.in.
- For using online self service update portal (SSUP) for updates, mobile number must be registered with Aadhaar. In case the mobile number is not registered, users are required to visit the nearest permanent enrolment centre with supporting documents.
- Subscribers are required to upload a scanned image of either the original proof of address (PoA) or a self-attested copy of the document for making an update/correction request.
- In addition to English, one can update/make corrections in address in any of the following languages- Assamese, Bengali, English, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu.
- On successful submission of an online address update request, users will receive a URN (Update Request Number) of the format 0000/00XXX/XXXXX. This is shown on screen and also sent via SMS to the registered mobile number. One can use this URN and Aadhaar number to track status of Aadhaar update.
- In case the Aadhaar holder doesn’t have documents, he/she can submit a request for address validation letter. This letter contains a secret code sent for validation after the address verifier gives consent for the use of his/her address by the requesting resident. After the request is submitted successfully, the resident will get the Aadhaar validation letter within 30 days from the date of raising request.
- For other details updates such as demographic details (name, address, date of birth, gender, mobile number, email) as well as biometrics (finger prints, iris and photograph) in Aadhaar, users are required to visit permanent enrolment center.
- For updating mobile number fed into Aadhaar’s database, users are required to visit the permanent enrolment center.
- Changing the mobile number registered with the Aadhaar system requires biometric authentication by the person and for this the user has to visit an Aadhaar centre – either an independent Aadhaar centre or one located in either a bank or a post office – in person.
- If the user has Aadhaar registered mobile number, he/she can also check the Aadhaar update history. The Aadhaar update history shows details of the updates made in Aadhaar since its generation. It could be any update relating to name, address, date of birth, gender, mobile or email id. Users can log on to UIDAI’s official website, uidai.gov.in, to view Aadhaar update history.
#Aadhaar update,UIDAI,Aadhaar authentication,Aadhaar update mobile,Aadhaar address change,Aadhaar details update,Aadhaar details update online,Aadhaar address mobile,Aadhaar change e-mail ID,Aadhaar change mobile number